We know what it takes to deliver successful health technology assessment
- Providing end-to-end support throughout the process to optimise the chances of a new healthcare technology being made available via NHS organisations.
- Supporting clients every step of the health technology appraisal (HTA) journey: HTA policy analysis and insights; strategy development; building value propositions; developing compelling value messages; generation of evidence and compiling robust assessment dossiers to best-practice standards.
- UK-wide system experience: National Institute for Health and Care and Excellence (NICE); Scottish Medicines Consortium (SMC); All Wales Medicines Strategy Group (AWMSG); and English direct national and local commissioning.
- Developing compelling submissions since NICE was established (single and multi-technology appraisal, Cancer Drugs Fund and Highly Specialised Technologies Evaluation).
- Combining in-depth process knowledge with advanced technical and data skills; excellence in communication; and good relationships with HTA bodies.
Consistently achieving above-industry-average success rates
- Work with the client’s in-house Health Economics and Outcomes Research (HEOR) team, their preferred HEOR supplier or provide our own experts for economic modelling.
- Provide a ‘virtual team’ to manage the entire HTA process.
Excellence in product evaluation and commissioning support
- HTA expertise matched by expertise in product evaluation through local and national commissioning assessment (England).
- In depth understanding of the process and requirements for NHS England’s specialised commissioning system.
- Evaluation of products that will not go through NICE and will be assessed locally.
- Development of innovative commercial and reimbursement models to unlock funding.
And once technologies have undergone successful assessment and secured funding, we provide a range of implementation support tools to accelerate uptake.